We provide assistance and support in an array of areas. Here is a sample of how we can help you during pregnancy, birth, and post-partum.
• Provide evidence based information so that you can make the best decisions for YOUR family.
• Help you select the best care provider for you, if necessary.
• Provide information & recommendations on pediatricians and physicians for your baby.
• Lend you materials from our book lending library
• Phone/text/email support during your pregnancy
• 1-2 prenatal visits to discuss your goals, options, and answer questions
• Referrals to local providers familiar with prenatal care, acupuncturists, chiropractors, massage therapists, etc.
• Provide skills and expertise during the birthing process derived from training and experience.
• Support you at your home or meet you at your birth location during birthing time.
• Allow your partner to take breaks with the knowledge that you will be supported and not left alone.
• Guide your partner to help you in effective ways.
• Offer evidence-based information during childbirth and support your decisions.
• Encourage you to eat and drink, and remind you to urinate frequently.
• Take photos/videos if requested.
• Suggest frequent position changes to aid in progress, help comfort, and prevent or reduce back labor.
• Provide relaxation techniques: massage, aromatherapy, tranquil music, and flame-less candles.
• Assist in utilizing techniques you may have learned in a birthing method class.
• Support direct & open communication with your care providers (nurses, doctors, midwives)